Planning to Work in Canada, Know the Immigration Policies


To stride into a country that sits like a jewel on top of a hill, and the only thing standing in between you and your goal is your will. And the choice of making it to Canada certainly will change destiny as doors open for work permits to migrate into the country that has dominion in integrity and economy.

A Visa and Immigration to Canada can only be obtained if you have an offer of employment before applying for the Canadian work visa. Canada seeks to attract temporary skilled workers to fill positions that Canadian employers are currently having difficulty to fill by a Canadian Permanent Resident or Citizen.

Each year, around 200,000 foreign skilled workers come to work in Canada on Temporary Work Permits.

How to Get a Canada Work Visa?

Understanding the process is crucial when applying for a Canadian Work Visa. Canadian work visas are temporary and are not the same thing as immigration visas, are in most cases available only to those who have a job offer from a Canadian employer who is authorized to fill the position with a foreign worker.

The employer must cooperate with the prospective employee to complete this process because a positive labor market opinion (a document confirming the position’s status) is usually required to obtain an authorization to work in Canada.

Canada Work Visa - Work Permit

Before a Canada Work Visa can be issued, the Canadian employer who wishes to hire temporary foreign workers will need to apply for and be granted a positive Labour Market Opinion (LMO) by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC). HRSDC will grant a positive LMO if they are satisfied that there is no Canadian permanent resident or citizen available to do the job.

Steps to get a Canada Work Visa:

  • Find a job in Canada that is eligible to be filled by a non-Canadian. Depending on the occupation, this may mean obtaining proof of a positive labor market opinion for the position. This means that the authorities have assessed the position and determined that it may be filled by a foreign worker.
  • The prospective employer is responsible for obtaining a letter confirming positive labor market opinion is required for any positions that fall into that category and may be obtained from Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC).
  • Satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your employment and that you have reasons to go back
  • You must have evidence that you meet the requirements of the job. Proof may include educational requirements or past work experience outlined in a resume.
  • Show that you have enough money during your stay in Canada to take care of yourself and your family members and to return home,
  • You must be law-abiding and have no record of criminal activity,
  • Should be in good health,
  • Should not be a danger to the security of Canada,
  • If the documents are in a language other than English or French, they should be translated in English
  • A properly completed form along with all the required documentation will make the application a lot smoother to process. No one wants their application delayed or worse, denied.

The Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP) is a points-based Canadian immigration program designed to offer a Permanent Resident (PR) Visa to Canada to thousands of qualified skilled foreign workers (and their eligible family members) who meet certain criteria.

Points are given for factors considered important to the success of skilled foreign workers who immigrate to Canada such as:

  • Age (12 points)
  • Education (25 points)
  • Adaptability (10 points)
  • Work experience (15 points)
  • Qualifying Canadian job offer (10 points)
  • English/French language skills (28 points)

A minimum of 67 points out of a maximum of 100 points is needed to qualify for the FSWP. Applicants must also have their English and/or French language abilities evaluated by taking the IELTS exam and obtain an acceptable score; receive a favorable Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).


Skilled foreign workers and their eligible family members who are granted a PR Visa to Canada through the FSWP are authorized to live and work in Canada, receive free basic health care, get access to educational programs, and have the opportunity to enjoy the high standard of living that Canada is famous for. Another great benefit of is the option to apply for Canadian citizenship after living in Canada as a permanent resident at least four years and meeting other criteria.

Canada chooses skilled immigrants as permanent residents based on their ability to settle in Canada. There is a new system to manage how people with skilled work experience apply to immigrate to Canada. It is called Canada Express Entry Visa another Blessing in disguise.

If an applicant meets the criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker program; they are required to submit an application under the Express Entry system.

  • Qualifying skilled workers will be placed into a pool of applicants and will complete a point’s assessment under the Comprehensive Ranking System Grid.
  • Applicants will be ranked in order of their points score under the Comprehensive Ranking System and the highest-scoring applicants will be invited to apply for permanent residency.
  • Applicants may remain in the Express Entry pool for 12 months and CIC will select applicants throughout the year.

Y-Axis assures that we are with you and for you, bring in all your needs and we have the best solution for any credential. The team of highly experienced personnel will assist you to be eligible to Work in Canada.

We process the highest number of immigration cases in India. These thousands of case studies have given us the experience and expertise to handle any type of case. Y-Axis is foremost Canada Immigration & Visa Consultant and in all probability the world’s largest abroad consultancy firm with an unprecedented 18-year vintage.

                                   Y-Axis is always there to serve you better than the best

Resource Link: –


2 thoughts on “Planning to Work in Canada, Know the Immigration Policies

  1. Nabin says:

    Hello there iam a 30 yrs old welder working in hongkong for almost 10yrs
    Iam a nepal passport holder but also a permanent resident of hongkong .
    By any chance can i apply to work and live in canada permanently ?
    Iam hongkong cic certificate holder welder but I have not done ielts yet .
    Looking forward for reply thanks
    Nabin tamang


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s